Welcome to HSAconsumer.com ! Who will benefit from this website?
Next steps: visit our HSA Education page, HSA Consumer page, or our HSA Saver page.
This HSA Consumer section of the website will teach you how to SPEND your money tax free on HSA eligible medical, dental,and vision expenses. We’re here to help you become a better health care consumer and stretch those tax free HSA dollars. We help you search for the lowest cost products and quality customer service in many different health care industries. Whether you’re funding your own Health Savings Account or your employer is depositing funds for you; it pays to be thrifty when spending your money since the money leftover in the account is yours to keep forever.
HSAconsumer.com (“The HSA Portal for HSA Owners”) brings everything together to provide a better HSA user experience whether your shopping for a prescription, a lab test, or the best HSA bank account. The numerous vendors listed throughout this website are eagerly awaiting to compete for your business, based on price and quality.
BEFORE you spend any HSA money with your HSA debit card or HSA checkbook, please be sure that the expense is included in the lengthy IRS approved list of tax-free medical, dental, and vision expenses that can be found in IRS Publication 502 and 969 on our IRS/Treasury page. To see a quick “at a glance” list of approved or disapproved expenses, see our Eligible HSA Expenses page
Once you’ve verified it’s an eligible expense, visit your particular page of interest listed here to comparison shop for medical services and products:
- Online RX / Pharmacy Discounts*
- Online Laboratory Discounts*
- Online Physician Discounts*
- Online Preventative Care Discounts*
- Online Dental / Vision Discounts*
- Online Medical Bill Negotiating*
- Online Hospital / Surgical Pricing*
*Any premiums you may pay for a discount plan or joining a membership are NOT an HSA eligible expense. Only certain Medicare premiums and long term care insurance premiums up to an aged based maximum are eligible.
HSA Consumer does NOT provide any medical advice, please consult with your personal physician on your specific situation.
How do I save money in my Health Savings Account (HSA)?
This HSA Saver section assists consumers with the financial aspects of the Health Savings Accounts. Remember, when you own a Health Savings Account (HSA), you own two components:
- HDHP: A qualified high deductible health insurance plan (HDHP) from an insurance company (required / pre-requisite).
- HSA: A tax qualified HSA Health Savings Account at any approved financial custodian (not required).
HSAconsumer.com focuses on the HSA Health Savings Account. We teach you how to SAVE smarter with tax deductible contributions into your HSA, and show you how to GROW your Health Savings Account balance by leveraging the advantages of tax deferred growth.
Essentially, there are two types of HSA owners:
1. HSA SPENDERS: HSA owners that need to spend their Health Savings Account money each year due to health reasons or financial limitations. Choosing the right bank and keeping an eye on monthly fees are important to these savers.
2. HSA SAVERS: HSA owners that don’t spend their money due to their fortunate good health or financial position. Choosing the right investment and tax strategy is important to these savers.
Utilize the following sections of the website for a more detailed HSA education on:
- IRS & US Treasury Links: Verify the law before proceeding.
- HSA Eligiblity: Am I eligible to open a Health Savings Account?
- HSA Contribution Limits: How much can I contribute to my HSA each year?
- HSA Banks & Credit Unions: A choice of conservative money market accounts.
- HSA Investment Custodians: A list of custodians that allow stocks & bonds.
- HSA Tax Planning Strategies: Fully leverage your HSA tax advantages.
- HSA Investment Strategies: For higher risk owners who want more growth.
- HSA Retirement & Medicare: Stretch your HSA into your retirement years.
HSA Consumer is NOT a Tax or Investment Adviser, please consult with your CPA, Financial Adviser or Insurance Agent on your specific situation.
The HSA Education section of this website is dedicated to ramp up the learning curve for HSA owners. Tens of thousands are becoming new owners of Health Savings Accounts every year, and through no fault of their own, most do not know how to use them correctly.
HSAowners have fallen through the cracks. Whether it’s restrictions on employer guidance, limited human resources staff, agents hands’ being tied, or insurance company limitations; the industry has dropped the ball with regards to ongoing HSA education on how to actually use the savings account component of a Health Savings Account.
It comes down to the 2 fundamental basics of a Health Savings Account:
- How to SAVE money INTO your HSA the best way possible
- How to SPEND money FROM your HSA the best way possible
That’s where HSAconsumer.com picks up the pieces, and completes the HSA puzzle. What most HSA owners fail to realize is that the Health Savings Account is the most powerful savings vehicle ever created!! It’s the “tax-trifecta” of savings accounts…….tax deductible contributions, tax deferred growth, and tax free distributions. Leverage it! If you accept the fact that everyone incurs medical and dental expenses at some points in their lives; an HSA account allows you to save up for those now or later expenses in the most tax friendly way possible.
- US Treasury & IRS links – be sure to follow those HSA laws!
- HSA Eligible Expenses – just give me the short list!
- HSA Quick Tips – our top HSA tips of interest.
- HSA Blog – what HSAconsumer.com thinks (?)
- HSA FAQ’s – lots of questions, lots of answers!
- HSA Calculators – see your HSA money grow!
- HSA “Real Life Stories“ – examples of savvy HSA users.
- HSA Book Store – we can’t cover it all, we need help.
- HSA’s in the News – for the “here and now” in HSA land.
Educated HSA owners are happy HSA owners and crucial for any successful HSA transition. Together, we can make a difference in the success of HSA’s and help consumers take back control of their health care dollars. Join us in our efforts and help us get the word out….tell your boss, fellow employees, family, friends and your agent that HSAconsumer.com is the best “HSA portal for HSA owners”.
For suggestions on how to make the website a better user experience, please contact us.